Friday, January 15, 2021

1969 - Browne school aerial view

The previous aerial shots I posted of the Browne school, 1939 and 1953 were not very clear and while a 1969 aerial is slightly better, it still lacks the clarity that would show detail.


I do not know the month and day this photo was taken, nor do I recall where I found it but I was able to spot details.


The coal shed was pushed up to the original structure of the Browne School and used as a utility room.   I do not know the location of the coal shed when the building was originally constructed.    

I believe the garage was built sometime after the property was purchased by Joseph Faivre Jr in 1953.    

Other objects in the photos: 

- The 'L' in the lower left corner is a split rail fence.    

- At the top of the photo the 3 large shadows toward the center are evergreen trees.   

- To the right of the evergreen trees is a propane tank which provided gas for the residential heating system.


If anyone has a higher resolution photograph or of the previous aerial photos posted, please post in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment